Norton internet security is anti-malware software developed by Symantec Corporation. Its first stable version was published in 2000 compatible for Windows. The first version had just protection from cookies removal and banner ads.
The features have developed over time and the latest versions support personal firewall, phishing protection, email spam filtering etc. It uses signatures and heuristics to identify viruses. It is now supported by both Microsoft Windows and Mac Os X.
Features on Windows:
- prevents transmitting any personalized information
- it has a visual tracker that tracks the attacks back to its origin
- spam definitions can be customized according to the user
- It includes an intrusion prevention system
Some features of this Norton internet security on Mac Os are:
- protects you from malicious sites by blocking off harmful sites
- it employs antiphishing technology
- it allows you to adjust your protection settings based on your location
- it can recognize if any keylogger software has been installed into your system.
It is available both for downloading a soft copy from the net or hard copy on a compact disk. A free trial version for 90 days is also available on the net.